Best Nonprofits to Donate to
Want to support a cause that’s important to you? There are several great nonprofits that make a meaningful difference for people around the world. Some of the best nonprofits to donate to are detailed below, as well as some of the benefits you can expect when you give.
Best nonprofits to donate to
- FreshMinistries: FreshMinistries is a unique charity based in Jacksonville, FL but with a worldwide reach. As a 501(c)3 organization, its goal is to eradicate poverty through education, economic opportunity in healthy living. FreshMinistries works with the Desmond Tutu Program to End Global Hunger, assisting some of the poorest and most desperate people on the planet through creating of agricultural business incubation programs.
- Lutheran Services of Florida: This life-changing nonprofit works to help transform the lives of people, regardless of age, for the better. They provide a wide range of services that target entire communities, from children to the elderly.
- Conservation International: One of the highest-rated nonprofits, Conservation International, works to educate and empower societies to sustainably care for nature through a variety of programs, from promoting field research to supporting sustainable landscapes around the world.
- Food for the Poor: Food for the Poor helps feed starving children living in poverty, specifically targeting the poor in Latin America and the Caribbean. Today, this charity is one of the largest relief and development organizations operating out of Florida.
- World Resources Institute: This research organization specializes in creating solutions that sustain our natural resources. Operating in over 50 countries, World Resources Institute addresses a range of issues from climate concerns to food, water, energy and forests.
- The Alzheimer’s Association: Alzheimer’s research is critically important, and The Alzheimer’s Association aims to fight and cure the disease from all angles. They perform research and clinical trials and also act as advocates for Alzheimer’s research both nationally and at the state level.
- National Alliance to End Homelessness: Homelessness is a growing problem in America and around the world. The National Alliance to End Homelessness aims to shape federal policies and find solutions to end homelessness, from short-term rental assistance programs and community involvement.
- Global Fund for Women: This charity is a champion for equality. They’ve been involved in several worldwide initiatives, including creating the first women’s fund in Nepal to funding education for women in Afghanistan. The Global Fund for Women is a special organization that’s working to empower women and girls around the world, ensuring they have access to basic rights.
Why give to nonprofits?
Giving to nonprofits not only affects others in a positive way, but it has a tangible impact on your life, too. Some of the reasons to give to nonprofits include:
- Creating more meaning in your life. There’s a great big world out there, and there are plenty of people in need. When you donate to a nonprofit, you look beyond yourself and play a role in making the world a better place for everyone. The simple act of donating to a cause that’s important to you makes your life more meaningful.
- Providing tax deductions. If you donate to a 501(c)3 organization, you can take advantage of federal tax deductions when it comes time to file your taxes. Claiming your approved charitable donations is a great way to reduce the amount of money you send to Uncle Sam at tax time.
- Promote generosity in others. It’s no secret that people admire others who give to charity. When you donate money to a cause you support, make sure to let others no. You can motivate friends and family to do their part, and you can even promote a giving spirit in your children.
- Improve your mood. Studies show that people who donate to nonprofits are happier. Giving simply makes you feel better about yourself, and in scientific terms, it even activates pleasure centers in your brain. If you want to instantly boost your mood, making even a small donation is a great way to do it.
The simple act of making a donation—no matter how big or how small—can make a meaningful difference not just in the lives of others, but in your own life, too. Do your research and find a cause that’s important to you and make your donation today!